K. is not having trouble, per se, teething. It is just a troublesome time, teething is. She has another tooth that has made an appearance on the top gums, and has been crying pretty much all week. My guess is that there are three more right behind it (well, not behind exactly--there's only one, a permanent one, behind it--the other three would be in line with it). I would have included a picture of her with this post, as I am accustomed to doing, but every time I turned on the camera, she burst into tears. I don't think the two are related.
I have figured out a reason that it seems like she takes long-ish naps but is still tired. Her actual time napping is short--she wanders around her crib a while before falling asleep, and actually wakes up much sooner than I though. She amuses herself for quite some time before crying. She plays with the little doll she has in there, turns on the music of her crib soother, and plays with the toys on her crib mirror. We have a set of surveillance cameras, mostly to watch from upstairs if we're waiting for someone to come to the door. B. was nice enough to set one up above her crib so I can see if she's asleep or not (as long as there is some ambient light in the room). I'm watching her now and she's holding her doll and talking to her (I hear over the monitor and through her door). In the afternoon, often she'll wake up after not very long, play a little, then fall back asleep. I think she's done sleeping for this afternoon, though, so I'm going to go play with her. See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment