Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Museum Baby

This weekend I met up with two of my closest friends (who have put up with knowing me since fifth/sixth grade!) and the three of us plus K. went downtown to the Museum of Science & Industry. I do have hopes that K. will develop a love for science (and that will be nicer to her in school than it was to her mother). My friends A. and K. (yes, the same as my K.--we refer to the little one as "junior") were great with her (and patient, too) and taught her many things. I'll post more photos later, as we took most of the good photos on my friend A.'s camera, but here are a few:
K. (the junior) and K. (the original)

A. teaching K. about the cockpit of an airplane. Did I mention that (among other things) A. is a pilot? Throughout the "air" portion of the museum I know that little K. received not-so-subtle hints about aviation as a possible field to explore, and I believe that A. offered her flight lessons.

K. learning about the device that ?makes you line up your airplane with the horizon? She was actually quite interested in this and many other exhibits at the museum. Her dad would be proud, too, as we learned a lot about electricity and plumbing--things all girls should know.

"Wait, how long as this jet engine been following me around?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no way out. I *will* teach her how to fly.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your friends A and K are obviously intelligent and good-looking women! I can tell just from these few photos!

Anonymous said...

What does "among other things" mean? :-)