K. had her first ballet class today! She really enjoys dancing around, and I hoped she would do well in a classroom setting. She did! I was afraid that it would take the entire six weeks of class to get her out participating (like soccer this past fall), but she jumped in right away. We had been talking about ballet class for a few weeks now, and she’s watched The Nutcracker so she had an idea of what ballet is. She started to get really excited when she tried on her leotard, shoes, and tights, so I was optimistic it might go well. It did.
I only took a couple of pictures at the end of class—I didn’t want to be That Mom Who Brings Her Huge Camera to a Toddler Dance Class.
She’s so much shorter than the barre!
I was so proud of her in class today. I don’t expect that she’ll become a prima ballerina as a career, but I hope dancing will bring her some enjoyment—and counteract a possible lack of grace inherited from her mother.
It’s all I can do to not get ahead of myself and convert the basement into a dance studio. I’d love to have a wall of mirrors, a barre, and a nice sprung wooden floor. Maybe I’ll just stick an extra mirror in her bedroom.



No comments:
Post a Comment